Within the past year my mind was wrapped up in being a single and independent woman running wild and free and building a life on my own. I had lost trust and hope that there would be someone for me to build a life with. January 20, 2018 I met the love of my life and it turned my life around in the most positive and beautiful way I could ever imagine.
The last time I wrote on the blog, I felt incomplete and lost in life. I was feeling sorry for myself one evening and downloaded Tinder as a good source of entertainment.
Swipe left. Swipe left. Everyone sucks. Swipe left.
…..OH…..Hi….hello….you’re…wow wow wow….Swipe right.
I cannot tell you how giddy I was the moment we matched. I knew right away I had to steal his heart and by that I told him I make some bomb chocolate chip cookies.
We went on our first date which started with desserts and ended with poetry and two months later we are engaged to be married this fall!
Everything in between our first date and the night he proposed is what I had dreamt of my entire life. Strong communication, kindness, never ending laughter and the pure comfort of being my true self. I’ll never forget the time Matthew told me “I don’t just have a girlfriend. I have a partner” The connection we have is what I pray everyone else can experience in their life. I was always told “When you know, you know” and nothing is more true than the love that Matthew and I share.
Matthew makes my heart completely melt and because of him I want to be a better person everyday.
We are incredibly blessed. Blessed to have found each other and for all of the love and support of our big decision to spend and build a life together.
Future Mrs. Green.
I had a really great experience this past weekend. I was flown to Seattle, Washington where I took maternity and engagement photos for a friend who I’ve known since we were knee high to a grasshopper. The photos we took are gorgeous! They are so loving toward to each other and so excited about their future together and with the baby. I loved to capture their happiness! Here are a couple of black and white details.
I was only there for a short time but I was able to experience some scenery of Seattle, Pikes Place and some of Fisherman’s Warf. Pikes Place was really a treat! I love anywhere that looks a little grungy, has an array of foods, and cute shops to look inside!
Here are some bits of my trip!
It was sunny while I was in Seattle. SUNNY IN SEATTLE.
- The Needle is much smaller than I imagined it to be.
- It was Pride in Seattle so there were rainbows everywhere. You can’t be sad being surrounded by love and rainbows!
- I got to enjoy watching a famous Pikes Fish Market fish toss! I watched a documentary about this in school and was so happy I got to see it myself.
- For lunch at Pikes Place I ate a small bag chicken gizzards, hearts and liver. SO GOOD. Except I didn’t fancy the liver as much. Give me all the hearts though.
- Let’s talk about the organic blackberry apple cider, too. Oh lord!
- I definitely fancied the fresh flower markets all along the market!
- We passed the first Starbucks but the line was just far too big to go inside, I did enjoy that they kept the old logo and everything though!
- Instead of enjoying Starbucks I went for a local coffee shop next to the Gum Wall called Ghost Alley Espresso which was an adorable hole in the wall. I got vanilla cinnamon something somewhat or another latte. That’s not really what it’s called, I just forgot, oops. BUT it was sooo good. Super creamy and wonderful!
- I purchased $14 worth of Salt Water Taffy on Fisherman’s Warf & a souvenir shirt that has yellow on it to remember my time in Seattle, while it was sunny.
Well, this about wraps up my short time in Seattle and I cannot wait to go back and explore more, except next time I’ll have to purchase cute rain boots and a stylish umbrella. I might even make a big trip from Seattle to Canada! Train ride anyone?