Day 10 already? Where has the time gone? Blogmas can’t be blogmas without the usual Christmas tag, right? Especially on days you have been rather busy! I’m going to tag all of you so you can share your favorite Christmas stories!
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
I grew up watching the little animated Christmas VHS tapes and I have to say that The Little Drummer Boy was my favorite! I loved the story and the song. Today as an adult I love Love Actually, Best Man Holiday, and Four Christmases even though they are good movies year round.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
I apparently did when I was a baby but obviously I wouldn’t remember. I grew up in the desert so snow was never a thing during Christmas. The only White Christmas I had was a couple of years ago when I was in Rangley, Colorado with my family and it was lovely! Last year I was in Vermont and it was the first time in almost forever that they didn’t have a white Christmas and they were all very upset!
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Christmas is usually always spent at home! The past two Christmases were my only two that I spent away from Utah. This year I’ll be in Mexico though!
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I’m obsessed with the spiritual Christmas Hymns and have always been my favorite to sing. O Come All Ye Faithful, Hark The Herald Angels Sing, and Mary Did You Know are my favorite.
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Yes! It was always tradition to open one present on Christmas Eve.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Anybody who knows the Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer song knows all the reindeer.
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
The usual holiday tradition back home was to drive around to look at lights and go to the Visitor’s Center at the Temple to watch short Christmas films. Now that I’ve been in different places the past few years and will be starting my own family someday in the future I should probably start a new tradition!
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
I have never had a real Christmas tree…maybe someday!
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
Is this a serious question?! I love sweets! Egg Nog with nutmeg and peppermint everything are fantastic. I have a neighbor back in Utah who would always make “church window cookies” which were colored marshmallows with chocolate and coconut! It was always so sweet too because she knew they were my favorite so she always tried to make them just for me!
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I love to watch others open their gifts! Especially if it’s something cute and silly that I know will make them smile! 🙂
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
It has to be my first DSLR camera which was a Canon Rebel XSI which I received my Senior year of high school before going off to college for photography.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
At a quiet cabin in the mountains with a fireplace, snow, and lots of hot chocolate.
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I can be a very good present wrapper when I try! I love to wrap with brown paper bag and decorate it with stamps!
14. Most memorable holiday moment?
The first Christmas that my Mom and Step dad were together which was the Christmas before they were married. My Mom was SO happy and I remember us shopping for all new home decorations for our new house. I’ve never seen her in that much of Christmas spirit and it was so fun to see!
15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
My best friend Keisha in fifth grade told me!
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I usually always try to make resolutions and do well at sticking to my goals. I’ve never been into the entire weight loss resolution though.
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
Togetherness! Also the little joy of lights, music, and festivities!
If you do this Christmas tag please let me know in the comments!