I like to think that I’m fairly low maintenance and then I attend The Parade of Homes in my hometown of St. George, Utah and I quickly realize that I have a little more of an expensive taste then I’d like to admit and that I’m going to need to marry rich.
I haven’t attended The Parade of Homes for years and was very excited that I was in town to do so this year. Although I was not able to attend all of them I do believe I was able to see some great homes and get a feel as to what’s popular this year. I did notice this year was a little different from the past. I used to remember huge homes that were priced at 2 million- 6 million dollars but this year the homes were much smaller and I believe the most expensive home was a little under 2 million. This was actually really great because it seemed a little more realistic as to what I can put into my future home someday.
Decor is not the only thing that I swoon over in homes but also the environment! As a grown Southern Utah desert rat I am obsessed with my red desert rocks and believe it is one of the most beautiful environments you can surround yourself in. The Georgia O’Keeffe in me finds great inspiration with colorful desert land. Kayenta homes always fulfill my love of colorful desertscapes.
The importance of sunlight in my life is huge and is what brings me great motivation. I am a huge fan of large window spaces that pour in sunlight and a detail I know I will need in my future home someday. An office and creative space filled with sunlight would be an amazing working environment.
Here are some luxurious spaces that are worth mentioning.
- This home was bought and decorated by a lover of someone who hunts, can you tell? This is a space that no vegetarian wants to walk into, it even made me feel a little uncomfortable. Do you see the hippopotamus? I’m not exactly sure how I’d feel about living in a wildlife museum but it was still interested to see.
- This meditation room, probably something that everyone should learn to apply into their busy lives. You can even move the pillows off the floor and make it into a small dance studio. Again, the window space is great.
- With my love of red rocks, large windows, and baths….just bring me a coffee with baileys and leave me to my heavenly peace.
- Kids are not on my mind for quite sometime but how can you not go crazy of this kid’s bedroom?! This space is actually made for an army of children but that teepee! These kids have it made.
- I’m not really a pool person but this pool space makes my heart sing and actually makes me reconsider myself as a pool person. THAT VIEW, THOUGH.
- This nearly all white home made you feel the need to wash your hands every few minutes but it was so beautiful! Makes you feel so fresh, clean, and new!
- This sitting/reading space in front of that view, yes please! Pass me my favorite book and I’ll be set for days. Although I would like to switch out that chair with a floor of cushions!