I’m single this year on Valentine’s Day. DUN DUN DUN.
It is a little strange and I’ve almost become a Valentine’s Day humbug because of it…but why?! You might as well just make the best of it because who wants to be a Negative Nancy after all? Valentine’s Day doesn’t just have to the be mushy gushy commercial nonsense. Make it a day for you and focus on other loved ones in your life! Here are ways that you can enjoy your Valentine’s Day while being single and not let it suck.
- Go out to breakfast with a loved one! Strawberry crepes are always a great meal to kick off V-Day.
- Hang out with your single friends. You can giggle and talk about your love life or maybe in my case, lack of a love life. Coffee and cupcakes are always the way to go.
- Buy yourself a box of chocolate. Because obviously, isn’t that one of the main reasons Valentines is so great?
- Take a trip to Victoria’s Secret. You don’t need a man to feel sexy in that new pair of lacies, girl.
- Bake some treats, make some valentines, and take them around to friends and neighbors. Everyone enjoys getting a little valentine treat and card.
- Is there a movie you’ve been dying to see but nobody cares about that nerdy documentary? Just go and sneak in your box of chocolate! Going to a movie alone isn’t as scary as it seems, trust me!
- Pamper! Treat yourself to a pedicure or massage. Make it a perfect evening for a face mask and a bath bomb.
I hope I have inspired you to make the best out of your Valentine’s Day as much as possible!