Wow, you finally did it. You made it through 23 you lucky girl, you. People can start to like you again! You’ve never even heard that song before but you feel as though it’s very accurate. 23 is an interesting and confusing age, I hope you never have to go back to that again!
You’ve been through a lot this year and have learned more about yourself then you ever thought possible. You made it through Vermont winter, terrible anxiety, and some serious heartbreak. You drove across the country by yourself and started a new life back in the west. You’ve explored new and great places in the east and the west. Even though you went through heartbreak you’ve found some great independence and self confidence that you’ve never had before.
This year you’re going to “live bold and wander far” (I got that corny life quote from a coffee mug) When I say live bold I mean do things to surprise others, you know, be the real you. Finally step out of that “good girl” stereotype that you’ve been placed in for so long. Get to the point where you can say “shit” and others won’t look at you and ask “Did you just swear?” because you’re an adult.
Here are a few things I really think you need to do before you turn the big 25 and you’ve lived a quarter of your life.
- Travel as much as you can. Mexico, up the coast of California, Oregon, and Washington.
- Start online classes to work toward your Masters Degree.
- Take a spontaneous solo trip to a new place on the cheap-I’m talking backpack style.
- Start doing the photography you were always meant to do….fine art and alternative processes and keep it fine art all the way. Commercial isn’t you and you’ve held on for too long as you thought that was the expectation. You belong with the museums and galleries! This means taking down the food photography gallery from your website and replacing it with fine art series of work.
- Read 25 books, you better hop on that one real quick.
- Stop being so awkward around attractive men.
- Explore Geology, go geode hunting, let’s get really nerdy about this.
- Get into the best shape of your life. Run a 5K in 30 minutes or less and find a new active hobby, tennis anyone?
- Reach 1,000 blog followers, this is a great amount for a year but we can do it, right?
- Have your first glass of wine in Paris. You’ve waited this long so you might as well wait until you get to Paris. Not a lot of people can say “I had my first glass of wine in Paris.”
Well, go kick ass now!
The Wonder Seeker.